“Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success. I’ve met people who don’t want to try for fear of failing.” – J.K. Rowling
Dr. Harrison outlines the reasons for the failure of so many start-ups in the age of innovation, disruption, and digitalization.
Most everyone wants to discuss business success stories and the achievements, accomplishments, and triumphs, yet few want to acknowledge failure and disappointment. Dr. Harrison’s first book discusses the importance of acknowledging failure, learning from defeat, and accepting the consciences of bad decisions. It is only once you recognize, accept, and learn that you can build strategies to avoid disasters and lessen the impact of such situations.
In the rapidly evolving world of start-ups, many things change, yet key elements also stay the same. FALL: 16 Reasons Why 90% of Start-ups Fail provides an invaluable and practical guide to understanding and avoiding the most common mistakes founders make. You will learn:
- The importance of funding and how to avoid the pitfalls of funding your start-up.
- How to ensure that you are not building the wrong product, for the wrong market, in the wrong time, with the wrong team and partners.
- How to avoid failure, by addressing your competition.
- How a lack of passion, focus, and energy can lead to even the best products failing.
- How not listening to others, seeking advice, and pivoting at the right time can have catastrophic consequences.
- How not listening to customers can have irreversible, disastrous, and irreparable results.
- Not taking sales and marketing with the appropriate seriousness will most likely result in collapse.
How exhaustion, fatigue, and burn out are leading indicators for other underlying issues and will result in eventual downfall.